The decision comes less than 24 hours after Federal District governor Ibaneis Rocha announced that sporting events and concerts with gatherings of more than 100 people would be suspended until March 16.
The governor updated his decree on Thursday afternoon, allowing events behind closed doors pending an authorization from the Federal District’s health surveillance. The UFC has yet to comment on the situation.
The UFC cancelled Thursday morning’s media day at the hotel hotel, where 24 fighters were expected to talk to the press and face off. Friday night’s ceremonial weigh-ins have also been cancelled.
There are over 70 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in Brazil, doubling the number of cases from 24 hours ago.
Lightweights Kevin Lee and Charles Oliveira headline the Fight Night card Saturday, with Demian Maia taking on Gilbert Burns in the co-main event.
- Kevin Lee vs. Charles Oliveira
- Demian Maia vs. Gilbert Burns
- Renato Moicano vs. Damir Hadzovic
- Johnny Walker vs. Nikita Krylov
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. John Makdessi
- Jussier Formiga vs. Brandon Moreno
- Amanda Ribas vs. Randa Markos
- Elizeu Zaleski vs. Alexey Kunchenko
- Rani Yahya vs. Enrique Barzola
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Maryna Moroz
- Bruno Silva vs. David Dvorak
- Veronica Macedo vs. Bea Malecki